I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by a lovely mummy blogger who is the owner of Bringing up Izzy.
Thank you so much for the nomination.
The Liebster Award is in an online award for bloggers and a way of getting to know what other blogs are out there. Its a really fab way of finding other bloggers in your own niche as well as getting to know other bloggers.
There are a few rules you have to follow:
- Give the blog who nominated you a mention
- Answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 blogs of your choice
- Ask the bloggers 11 questions you would like to know
- And don’t forget to let them know you have nominated them
These are the questions I have been asked, and my answers.
What is your favourite thing about where you live?
My favourite thing would have to be the fact that it’s a small village which means it’s a lovely quiet place and the people are so friendly.
What is your favourite movie and why?
My favourite movie is Eat, Pray, Love. It’s actually a book written by Elizabeth Gilbert. I love it because its such an inspiring movie! Every time I watch it I get something new from it.
Why did you start blogging?
I originally started blogging because I wanted to share my story with other mums, I wanted to let them know what I have been through in hope that they could get something out of it. But now it’s as much for helping others as it is for myself and I find it very therapeutic being able to share my daily ups and downs with other people.
What are you most proud of?
The thing I’m most proud of is being able to overcome a mental health illness (antenatal and postnatal depression). I’m proud that with all the help that I received I was able to come out far stronger than I ever was and for the person it shaped me to be.
What are you thoughts on reality TV?
I think it depends on what it is i’m watching. For years I watched Keeping Up With The Kardashians and I loved it! But the likes of Love Island I can watch at all it just bores me. But I think each to their own, I have nothing against it and do watch some programmes.
Your favourite drink is..?
At the minute it definitely has to be Gin with Fentimans rose lemonade, strawberries and lots of ice. But if its non alcoholic then probably the rose lemonade on its own.
Who gave you the best piece of advice, and what was it?
Oh this is a tough one to remember… I think the best advice I have ever got is from a friend who actually gives the best advice! She basically gave me the push I needed to start thinking about what I really want and to go and do it. I think that counts as advice.
Where do you spend most of your time?
I spend most of my time at home with my kids. But if i’m not at home with the kids then I’m usually meeting up with friends for a chat and some tea.
What is one thing you wish you could do?
Travel the world! This is one of my biggest dreams, in fact its been a dream of mine since I was a teenager. I really hope to be able to achieve this some day.
One night without kids, what are your plans?
Probably go to one of my favourite restaurants and grab a bite to eat with my other half and if there’s anything good in the cinema then go watch a movie. And if not then probably go somewhere for a few drinks.
When is your favourite time of year?
My favourite time of year has to be Spring. Not too cold and not too hot, but living in Northern Ireland means there will always be rain no matter the season. Not to mention I love flowers so it’s lovely seeing them all bloom in Spring.
My nominations are:
Bringing Up Izzy
A Mums Equilibrium
The worn out mumma
With love from p
Little life with l
Growing up with nature
Blogger mummy Lauren
Growing in the little things
And my questions are:
- Who do you admire most in the world and why?
- If you had a chance to change one thing in the world what would it be and how would you do it?
- If you could change one law what would it be and why?
- What do you think is the most important thing women can do to empower each other?
- What countries have you visited and which was your favourite?
- What is the best piece of advice you want to give your children?
- If you could invite 5 famous people to a dinner party who would they be (it can be anyone living or no longer here)?
- If you were given the chance to speak in front of world leaders what would you say to them?
- What’s your opinion on Feminism?
- What’s your favourite book and why?
- What’s the one thing most people don’t know about you?
I hope you enjoy answering my questions and I look forward to reading them all.
And once again thank you to Jade from Bringing Up Izzy for the nomination, make sure to check her blog out and to check out the blogs of all the other bloggers I have nominated. They’re all fab blogs and worth a read.
Link to all your queries about the Liebster Award :